Call for ideas – Smart World! Smart Europe? – How can we advance European Digital Sovereignty? – POSTPONED!
Please note: Due to the COVID situation we are forced to postpone the conference. We will keep you updated as soon as we fixed a new date.
Smart world! Smart Europe? The importance of sovereignty in the use of digital platforms and applications grows with each new area of private, economic and public life. Therefore a common and coherent vision of Digital Sovereignty is a mayor strategic challenge for Europe.
During the French presidency of the Council of the European Union, our 2-days French-German Conference aims to contribute to our common understanding of digital sovereignty not only as an industrial policy goal but as a goal that helps to increase innovation and to strengthen democracy and the freedom of European citizens.
1st day of the conference: The 1st day aims to bring together high level policy decision makers, academia and industry from EU, Germany and France.
2nd day of the conference: The 2nd day includes pitch session of selected young fellows in front of highly renowned experts from politics, industry and academia. A final statement with selected contributions will be presented to policy makers after the conference.
Your opinion and ideas are needed! We are looking for groups (from 2 to 4 persons) of Master and PhD students and young professionals from all disciplines.
The following questions will be addressed during the pitch session:
- Which political strategies will help us with to realize the goal of digital self-determination and participation in Europe?
- Which relevant service and technology solutions could help us to realize a European Digital Sovereignty?
- Which initiatives could strengthen innovation and digitization of European industry in the vision of Digital Sovereignty?
Grants and prices
Travel and Accommodation grants of 400,–€ per selected participant. All scholarship holders are also invited to attend the entire conference.
To apply please return (in English)
- A one-page abstract worked out by your group on one of the three questions mentioned above (max. 400 words)
- A motivation statement in the form of a video clip (in English language, max 3’)
Deadline: to be announced