Call for Participation especially for PhD students, practitioners, PostDocs and Master Students
Security is the central challenge of the Internet of Things (IoT) today: imagine a robot going crazy and hurting workers, or a car doing mass surveillance and sharing information about the people in its neighborhood to remote storages.
We will discover attacks and protection mechanisms together with you not only theoretical but hands on in the challenges provided directly from the factories and research labs of our industrial partners.
In our Summer School we will introduce you to the fascinating world of the Industrial Internet of Things, the IoT that makes factories and critical infrastructure run. You will learn about many different aspects from device manufacturing over communication protocol and semantics to application management – all with a focus on security.
The Future IoT summer school offers an exciting mix of lectures, hands-on tutorial, and hackathon challenges. There is also a lot of room for getting to know each other, networking, and exploring our hosting city!
- 40 students from all over the world connecting to each other and working on real challenges
- ~11 Keynotes and lectures from top industrial and academic experts.
- ~10 exciting challenges you will work on in teams of 4 coming directly from our industry partners in our startup hackathon.
- 2 city tours with dinners
- 1 secret fun event with dinner
- 1 hacking night with games and pizza.
- 1 pitch event in front of our expert jury on Friday with prizes!
- Direct contact to key people of the participating companies.
- A unique location with excellent food.
- Multiple organized events to get to know our hosting location.
We are looking forward to meeting you in Strasbourg!