The mission of the German-French Academy for the Industry of the Future (GFA) is to master the challenges posed by the increasing digitalisation of industrial processes through joint research, education and innovation. The impetus for joint research comes from industry, and the application of the results is also essential. To this end, we work closely with strategic partners in industry to fully integrate their needs.
The GFA’s topics are very broad, ranging from cybersecurity, the Internet of Things and artificial intelligence to addressing supply chains in times of crisis, to name but a few. So far, among others, experts in computer science, electrical engineering and information technology, mechanical, industrial and management engineering and governance are involved. However, the aim is to continuously expand the circle of scientific and industrial partners as well as the thematic framework.
To this end, we have created “Here.We.Go – The Future Industry Forum”, which will be held in the afternoon/evening of October 17th, 2023. At the forum, the most important existing and new potential partners of the GFA will come together to present their achievements, exchange ideas and network.
The event will be moderated by Britta Muzyk-Tikovsky
- Melanie Huml, Bavarian State Minister for European Affairs and International Relations
- François Delattre, Ambassador of France to Germany
14:30 – What is the GFA and what are our goals?
- Prof. Dr. Gerhard Kramer (TUM / Steering Committee GFA)
- Prof. Dr. David Gesbert (EURECOM / Steering Committee GFA)
- Dr. Cosima Stocker (TUM / GFA)
- Paul-Guilhem Meunier (IMT / GFA)
14:45 – Presentation of the GFA lighthouse projects by research tandems
- RAMP UP (ao. Prof. Dr. Khaled Medini, IMT / Katrin Land, TUM)
- TRUE-VIEW (Prof. Dr. Marc-Oliver Pahl, IMT / Dr.-Ing. Mohammad Hamad, TUM)
- ASSISTANT (Prof. Dr. Alexandre Dolgui, IMT / Fabian Sippl, TUM)
- 5G6G TestTrack (ao. Prof. Dr. Jérôme Härri, EURECOM)
15:15 – Keynotes: How does the Future Industry 4.0 look like?
- “Messages from the Metaverse: BMW Future Digital Emotional User Experience” – Hans-Jörg Vögel (BMW Group)
- “The next wave of robotics – from collaboration to the artificial sense of touch” – Prof. Dr. Sami Haddadin (Executive Director of the Munich Institute of Robotics and Machine Intelligence MIRMI at TUM)
- “Startup Vision: Navigating Industry 4.0’s Evolution and Challenges” – Barbara Prähofer (Co-Founder ExoMatter)
- Prof. Dr. Ing. Georg Carle, TUM
- Dr. Remedios Carmona, Airbus
- Representative from Dassault Systèmes
- Britta Muzyk-Tikovsky (Moderation)